Welcome to Dupre Elementary School
Dupre Elementary, constructed in 1927, is the oldest school in Lubbock, Texas (Peters & Haynes, architects). A cafeteria was added in the 1950s. A gym was constructed as part of the 1989 bond program. The 1995 bond program provided for renovations throughout the building. The most recent bond in 2010 provided new landscaping, HVAC, roofing and windows.
Marcy Mathias Dupre, Sr. (1866-1925) moved from Ohio to Texas. He was the third superintendent of the Lubbock Independent School District (1914-1925). During his tenure, Lubbock public schools added home economics and agriculture classes to the secondary course offerings.