2020-2021 Registration Information
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is still open.
Children must be four years old on or before September 1, 2020 to enroll in PreK or Head Start. A limited number of children who are three years old on or before September 1, 2020 and live in the Alderson, Ervin, Hodges or Jackson attendance zones will also be accepted.
The first step to enrolling your child in PreK/Head Start is to complete online registration. Online registration can be found HERE. All elementary campuses have computers available for those with no internet access at home. The next step is to bring the following documents to your home school:
- child's official birth certificate
- child's Social Security card (if available)
- child's immunization record
- proof of address (utility bill, rent receipt or lease agreement, etc.)
Please be aware no registration is considered complete and your spot is not reserved until all documents have been turned in and an eligibility appointment has been completed. Eligibility appointments are scheduled when you turn in your documents to the school office.
TUITION WAIVER: Tuition for the 2020-2021 school year is $4,000. When enrolling, families may schedule an appointment to determine eligibility for a tuition waiver. Documentation of eligibility must be provided at the appointment. Students may qualify for a tuition waiver if they live inside Lubbock ISD boundaries and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- economically disadvantaged
- the child of an active duty member of the armed forces or whose parent was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- currently in or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- the child of someone who is eligible for the Star of Texas Award
SPACE: If space is not available at your home school, your child will be offered a space at a nearby campus.
2020-2021 Transfer Information
- The January 24, 2020 deadline does not apply to PreK transfers.
- PreK transfer applications will open April 2, 2020, and are accepted throughout the year.
- Instructions on completing a transfer application can be found HERE. Please make sure you complete online registration for your child BEFORE completing the transfer request.
- Transfers approved for the PreK year allow a child to attend the requested school through 5th grade. It is no longer required to submit a transfer application again for the child's kindergarten school year.
- Children may return to their home campus at any time after a transfer is approved. (Space must be available for the child to move to their home campus during their PreK year.)