Did you know Jerry Gray, Estacado High School graduate, and NFL player and coach, started the Jerry Gray Foundation, which funds scholarships to Texas Tech and benefits Estacado High School seniors?
Jerry Gray and his wife, Sherry, have spent much of their time giving back to the East Lubbock community they grew up in. In his football career, Gray was a four-time NFL All-Pro player, a two-time All American at the University of Texas, and was inducted into the National Football Foundation College Football Hall of Fame and the Texas High School Football Hall of Fame. He was the first Lubbock African American to serve as a long-time NFL coach.
- Estacado Athletics Hall of Fame
- Ex-Matador Jerry Gray named to College Football Hall of Fame
- Former Estacado football star Jerry Gray inspires students through foundation
- Whatever Happened to Jerry Gray?
- Former NFL All-Pro Jerry Gray reflects on Louis Kelley's legacy
- Jerry Gray: A Teacher On and Off The Field
- Jerry Gray: To be the best
- Jerry Gray Foundation
- Five things to know about Jerry Gray
- Jerry Gray Inducted into NFF College Football Hall of Fame
- National Football Hall of Fame
- Packers hire Jerry Gray to coach secondary
- Defensive Back Jerry Gray, the Rams’ Top Draft Choice, Is Hoping He Can Strike It Rich