Lubbock ISD, South Plains College, and Lubbock Fire Academy Partners
Lubbock ISD is excited to offer a new dual credit course at the Lubbock Fire Academy through South Plains College beginning fall 2020. Lubbock ISD is funding the tuition for up to 10 qualified students, covering two semesters, to be completed during the student's senior year. Twenty-five credit hours can be earned as well as the qualification to take the Texas Commission on Fire Protection's Basic Fire Suppression certification exam upon completion.
The class will be a four-hour block from 8:30-11:30 a.m. with an expected arrival time of 8 a.m., Monday-Friday at the Lubbock Fire Rescue Training Facility, 1515 E. Ursuline St., Lubbock, TX, 79403.
- One-year commitment in a challenging academic and physical program
- Senior standing with flexibility to complete a four-hour block in the 2020-2021 class schedule
- Excellent attendance record
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Have fewer than two discipline referrals during junior year
- Complete the application and selection process and pass the fitness exam administered by the Lubbock fire academy
- Commit to a two-week fire boot camp immediately following the end of the 2021 spring semester
- Take the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment
- Completed physical on file
- Complete the Texas Commission on Fire Protection’s Basic Fire Suppression certification exam upon completion of the training
We are proud and excited to add the only free fire academy partnership on the South Plains to our already extensive career and technical education opportunities.