National Board Certification at Lubbock ISD
Lubbock ISD will sponsor a cohort of up to 15 teachers to participate as candidates in the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification process. Successful applications will receive recognition as a National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT) and receive designation as a Recognized teacher under the Teacher Incentive Allotment (TIA). Prospective candidates must complete the application below and submit it through the application portal. Submitting an application does not guarantee selection as a candidate. All written applications will be scored anonymously according to the attached rubrics by trained, calibrated scorers. Written applications will be followed by an oral interview with the Lubbock ISD NBCT application committee, wherein applicants will be asked to clarify/expand their written responses and answer additional questions about their teaching and experiences with Lubbock ISD. Final selections for Cohort 2 will be made by the end of the Spring 2022 semester.
Candidates wishing to pursue National Board certification must also make the following commitments:
• Two-year candidacy, including the summer interim.
• Payment of $150 admission fee, refunded by Lubbock ISD upon successful submission of all four component areas.
• Payment of $475 per component submission, refunded up to $1,900 by TEA.
• Monthly cohort meeting to support the successful completion of component materials.
• Other meetings as needed with your Cohort Facilitators and/or Cohort Mentors.
The Cohort 2 Application window will be open from February 11 - March 11, 2022.