Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute for the Lubbock Independent School District. Lubbock ISD is a growing district in the heart of the vast Southern Plains of West Texas. As a result of this growth, we are always looking to add to our substitute pool. Those interested in joining our team are encouraged to complete our online substitute application. The Human Resources Department will then screen, select, and retain qualified individuals who meet the needs of our educational community. Applications are accepted and processed throughout the school year.
Through our online system, applicants are able to access and update an application electronically from any device with internet service.
Please be aware, due to the large number of substitute applications we receive each school year, not all applicants will be selected for a position.
Click here to view new pay rates
To become a substitute for Lubbock ISD:
1. Complete the online application.
*Minimum of a HS diploma/GED required
2. You will be contacted by the Substitute Office to schedule an appointment.
3. Complete FBI validated fingerprinting through TEA.
4. Submit the required documents to Human Resources.
5. Complete the instructions listed in the welcome email.
Please call (806) 219-0045 for assistance with applications.
Please call (806) 219-0199 for assistance with EMAIL only.