This is it!
Are you ready for your last year in high school and the transition to "The Real World"?
Here are some things to think about:
1) Start Applying NOW: If you are planning to attend a college in Texas (4-year or 2-year), go ahead and start the ApplyTexas application. This "common" application is like 'one-stop shopping' when applying to Texas Colleges! Simply complete one application and submit it to the schools of your choice.
2) Register online to take College Entrance Exams: Feel like you need to get another college entrance exam (ACT/SAT) under your belt? Then check out these testing times and sign up online. Click on the following to get current testing dates: SAT or ACT
- Send your scores - CHS cannot send official SAT or ACT scores, only the organizations who create the tests can do that --> Do you know your College Board Account information (www.collegeboard.org) and/or ACT Account information (www.act.org)?
- Remember your account information. Your CHS Counselors do not have this information because it is personal and linked to your College Board or ACT Account. If you can't remember, call either College Board or ACT to reset your password.
3) Contact the Registrar to request an official transcript: Need to have a transcript sent to a college, university, job, or scout? Then contact the CHS Registrar, Pam Beckett - email: email@example.com or phone: 806.219.1133 to request a transcript. REMEMBER: your counselor cannot send an official transcript, only the school registrar can!
4) Take the TSI Test: Have you taken the TSI Test? Unlike the SAT or ACT, the TSI is a placement test that is required for all students enrolling in Texas colleges and universities. Whether you are enrolling as a freshman in a college or just taking a dual credit course, you must complete the TSI before you can take college classes. Check here for :
5) Request Recommendations: Make sure that when you request a recommendation from a counselor or teacher that you use professional courtesy and give them at least TWO weeks to complete the recommendation. Also, if your recommendation needs to be mailed, you should give them an addressed, stamped envelope with address where the recommendation needs to be mailed.
6) Know the Date of Graduation: Make sure you know the date of graduation! Saturday, May 23, 7:00PM, United Supermarkets Arena. Check the Senior "Wrapping It Up " List (Located on the right side of this page) for graduation activities and events.
7) Order Your Cap and Gown: Seniors will have an opportunity to hear information about ordering caps and gowns from Balfour. Ordering packets will be available at the meeting or later for pick up in the counseling office. You can also go directly to the Balfour Store at 4620 34th St., Lubbock, Texas 79410 or call (806).795.0525. See what to wear for Graduation HERE
8) Visit the LEARN Advisor: Did you visit with the LEARN Advisor about the FAFSA or financial aid?
9) READ the senior check list: Keep up-to-date with the Senior Check List, located at the top right of this page!
10) Continue to RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS! This should be a continual process that you started last year as an 11th Grader. Check out the CHS Scholarship File continually.