- Math: 350
- Reading: 351
- Writing: between 340 - 362 + 4 essay or 350 + 5 on essay (must have compliant Reading and Writing Scores on the same test); Less than 340 --> must have a 4 diagnostic level + 5 essay
- STAAR EOC Algebra 2 - 4000
- SAT scores - 480 ELA and 530 Math
- ACT scores - Composite 23 + 19 English and 19 Math
- PLAN Scores (for Juniors only) - Composite 23 English and Math + 19 English and 19 Math
- STAAR EOC Scores (for Juniors only) 4000 Alg 1 + passing grade in Algebra 2 course; 4000 English 2 [good for one year]
2020-2021 COVID-19 College Readiness Exemptions:
Dual credit students who cannot produce TSI, SAT, ACT, or STAAR results can provide documentation to verify a GPA of 80 and above and must meet the following criteria as their college readiness requirement for the next academic year.
For dual credit math courses: a student must have a high school GPA above 80, have successfully completed Algebra II at the high school level with a "C" or better, and have the approval of their high school counselor.
For dual credit English courses: a student must have a high school GPA above 80, have successfully completed English II at the high school level with a "C" or better , and have the approval of their high school counselor.
For 9th & 10th graders who have yet to complete Algebra II or English II: these students will still qualify for the TSI exemption, that can be used for History, Geography or BCIS.
For incoming 9th grade students: these students will qualify for the 2020-2021 TSI exemption if they have a final 8th grade GPA of 80 or above.
All LISD Juniors have the opportunity to take ONE SAT test free of charge in the spring of 11th Grade. No registration is necessary for this specific test.
- Register for the SAT through your personal College Board account at: www.collegeboard.org (Please remember that the counselors do not have your personal College Board account information)
- Register for the ACT by setting up your profile at: www.act.org