Dual Credit


    Dual Credit means that you receive credit for a course on both a high school transcript and a college transcript. Students who successfully complete dual credit courses will have college credit hours that can be used as part of their degree in a two or four year University. 

    South Plains College has an agreement with CHS to offer courses for dual credit. Currently CHS offers the following courses for dual credit.

    South Plains College Course Listing:

    • US History AP (SPC = US History I 1301 Fall/ US History II 1302 Spring) 3 credits/semester
    • US Government (SPC = GOVT 2305 Fall) 3 credit hours
    • Macroeconomics (SPC = ECON 2301 Spring) 3 credit hours
    • Statistics AP (SPC = Statistical Methods 1342 Spring) 3 credit hours
    • Spanish 3 PAP (SPC = Beginning Spanish 1412 Spring) 4 credit hours
    • Spanish 4 AP (SPC = Inter Spanish 2311 Fall/Spanish 2312 Spring) 3 credits/semester
    • English 4 AP (SPC = Composition I 1301 Fall/ Composition II 1302 Spring) 3 credits/semester
    • College Algebra (SPC = Math 1314 Spring) 3 credit hours
    • ATC Engineering Design+ ATC Architecture (SPC = Engineering Graphics ENGR 1304 Spring) 3 credit hours
    • ATC EMT Practicum (SPC EMT Basic EMSP 1401 Spring) 5 credit hours
    • Digital Media - Digital Imaging I -Digital Media Photoshop (SPC = ARTC 1302 Spring) 3 credit hours
    • BIM 1 - Integrated Software Application (SPC = ITSC 1309 Spring) 3 credit hours
    • Firefighter Certification- FALL - I (FIRS 1301), II (FIRS 1407), III (FIRS 1313), IV (FIRS 1319) 13 credit hours
    • Firefighter Certification - SPRING - V (FIRS 1323), VI (FIRS 1329), VII (FIRS 1433), Firefighter Agility & Fitness Preparation (FIRS 1203) 12 credit hours
    • Accounting I - SPRING (SPC ACNT 1303: Intro to Accounting I) 3 credit hours
    • Accounting II - SPRING(SPC ACNT 1304: Introduction to Accounting II) 3 credit hours

    Dual Credit via South Plains requires a process of enrolling in South Plains College at the same time that the student is taking the course at CHS.

    How Do I Enroll In A Dual Credit Course at SPC?

    Texas OnRamps Dual Credit via Texas Tech or University of Texas

    • Chemistry -College Chemistry: Principles of Chemistry I & College Chemistry: Intro to Chemical Practices I (CHEM 1311, 1111) 4 credit hours (University of Texas)
    • Physics - General Physics I (PHYS 1403) 4 credit hours (Texas Tech University)
    • Biology - Introductory Biology 1 + Lab (UT BIO 311C + UT BIO 206LA) 4 credit hours (University of Texas)

     Dual Enrollment via Texas OnRamps begins in the spring semester of the course. Students must sign up for the course in their course selections and designate the dual enrollment option.  Students' eligibility is determined by the college instructor based on fall-semester performance as you mention, but if a student is ineligible, they have a chance to regain eligibility by submitting a qualifying test score. TSI works, and so do SAT and ACT. Scores from previous years are acceptable. Submission is January/February - These are the scores that will fix ineligibility: 

    -SAT math score of at least 530 (11th graders may not use the school day SAT scores because the test will be taken past the submission deadline)
    -ACT combined score of 23 with at least 19 in math
    -TSI math score of at least 350