WHAT IS DUAL CREDIT?
Dual Credit means that you receive credit for a course on both a high school transcript and a college transcript. Students who successfully complete dual credit courses will have college credit hours that can be used as part of their degree in a two or four year University.
WHICH COLLEGE OFFERS DUAL CREDIT AT CHS?
South Plains College has an agreement with CHS to offer courses for dual credit. Currently CHS offers the following courses for dual credit:
- US History AP (SPC = US History 1 Fall/ US History II Spring)
- Statistics AP (SPC = Statistical Methods 1342 Spring)
- Spanish 3 PAP (SPC = Spanish 1412 Spring)
- Spanish 4 AP (SPC = Spanish 2311 Fall/Spanish 2312 Spring)
- German 3 PAP (SPC = German 1412 Spring)
- US Government AP (SPC =Federal Government 2305 Spring)
- English 4 AP (SPC = Composition I 1301 Fall/ Composition II 1302 Spring)
- College Algebra (SPC = MATH 1314 Spring)
- ATC Engineering Design+ ATC Architechture (SPC = Engineering Graphics ENG 1304 Spring)
- ATC Fire Science Academy (SPC FIRS 1301, 1407, 1313, 1319 Fall/ FIRS 1323, 1329, 1433, 1203 Spring
- ATC EMT Practicum (SPC EMT Basic EMSP 1401 Spring)
- Digital Media (SPC = ARTC 1302 Spring)
- BIM 1 and BIM 2 (SPC = ITSC 1309 Spring)
- Accounting 1 and Accounting 2 (SPC = ACNT 1303 Spring and SPC = ACNT 1304 Spring)
**Updates to SPC Articulated Dual Credit in collaboration with the Byron Martin Technology Center [ATC] coming soon**
Dual Credit via South Plains requires a process of enrolling in South Plains College at the same time that the student is taking the course at CHS. The dual credit enrollment sheet which must be signed by either a counselor or administrator from CHS and can be picked up at the CHS front office over the summer.
Texas OnRamps Dual Credit via Texas Tech or UT
- Chemistry (UT)
- Physics (TTU)
Dual Enrollment via Texas OnRamps begins in the spring semester of the course. Students must sign up for the course in their course selections and designate the dual enrollment option.
HOW DO I ENROLL IN A DUAL CREDIT COURSE at SPC?
Step 1: Complete the ApplyTexas college application - remember to mark "dual credit" as your options for schools. You can also go directly to the online application found on the front page of the SPC website under the "Apply or Register for Classes" tab.
Step 4: Request an official transcript from the CHS Registrar, Pam Beckett.
Step 5: Contact SPC to pay fees. SPC Dual Credit Fees
Step 6: Make sure that you are in the correct course at CHS.