WHAT IS DUAL CREDIT?
Dual Credit means that you receive credit for a course on both a high school transcript and a college transcript. Students who successfully complete dual credit courses will have college credit hours that can be used as part of their degree in a two or four year University.
WHICH COLLEGE OFFERS DUAL CREDIT AT CHS?
South Plains College has an agreement with CHS to offer courses for dual credit. Currently CHS offers the following courses for dual credit:
- US History AP (SPC = US History 1 Fall/ US History II Spring)
- US Gov (SPC = Federal Government 2305 Fall)
- Economics (SPC = Macroeconomics 2301 Spring)
- Statistics AP (SPC = Statistical Methods 1342 Spring)
- Spanish 3 PAP (SPC = Spanish 1412 Spring)
- Spanish 4 AP (SPC = Spanish 2311 Fall/Spanish 2312 Spring)
- German 3 PAP (SPC = German 1412 Spring)
- English 4 AP (SPC = Composition I 1301 Fall/ Composition II 1302 Spring)
- College Algebra (SPC = MATH 1314 Spring)
- ATC Engineering Design+ ATC Architechture (SPC = Engineering Graphics ENG 1304 Spring)
- ATC Fire Science Academy (SPC FIRS 1301, 1407, 1313, 1319 Fall/ FIRS 1323, 1329, 1433, 1203 Spring
- ATC EMT Practicum (SPC EMT Basic EMSP 1401 Spring)
- Digital Media (SPC = ARTC 1302 Spring)
- BIM 1 and BIM 2 (SPC = ITSC 1309 Spring)
- Accounting 1 and Accounting 2 (SPC = ACNT 1303 Spring and SPC = ACNT 1304 Spring)
Dual Credit via South Plains requires a process of enrolling in South Plains College at the same time that the student is taking the course at CHS. Please see the "How Do I Enroll In a Dual Credit Course at SPC?" section below.
Texas OnRamps Dual Credit via Texas Tech or UT:
- Chemistry (UT)
- Physics (TTU)
Dual Enrollment via Texas OnRamps begins in the spring semester of the course. Students must sign up for the course in their course selections and designate the dual enrollment option.
HOW DO I ENROLL IN A DUAL CREDIT COURSE at SPC?
1. SPC Admissions Application (done only once) at: https://www.southplainscollege.edu/apply.php
2. Dual Credit Concurrent Enrollment (DCE) Form (done every semester). Please pick one up from your high school counselor or visit www.southplainscollege.edu and choose Programs of Study and Dual Credit. https://www.southplainscollege.edu/admission-aid/apply/dualcredit/Spring2020_DC_Form.pdf
3. Complete the DCE form using the Course Codes found HERE
4. Official High School Transcript (done once a year before the fall term). You will need to request your official transcript from Pam Beckett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. TSI Test Scores (valid for 5 years from test date). You may also use SAT, ACT, STAAR Engl. III or Alg. II scores, if you have them. Juniors may be able to use STAAR Engl. II or Alg. I. For more information, check out the TSI exemptions on the Testing Information Page.