What You Can Do to Make a Difference
ATTENDANCE ISN'T JUST A SCHOOL ISSUE, IT'S EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY.
What Parents and Community Members Can Do to Make a Difference:
- Help get the message out about the importance of attending school.
- Make sure your children get to school every day and on time. Track the attendance of your children and their grades through the online TEAMS Gradebook https://teams.lubbockisd.org/selfserve/EntryPointHomeAction.do?parent=true.
- We want to work more closely with our health-care providers to see if there are greater possibilities for appointments after school hours for non-emergency situations.
- We ask that businesses located close to our schools not to let students congregate during school hours.
- We want to work with businesses employing our students so that students are not forced to choose between job responsibilities and school responsibilities.
- We are always looking for community partners to work with our schools to help provide incentives that may be used to reward improved attendance.