The STEAM Specialty Program at Williams Elementary is designed to encourage thinking in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
The STEAM Lab’s mission is to provide opportunities that:
- allow exploration of advanced-level content
- offer an array of learning opportunities reinforcing the strengths, needs, and interests of students
structure and present a continuum of learning experiences leading to the development of advanced-level products and/or performances
- allow students to accelerate in their areas of strength
- differentiate content by modifying its depth, complexity, and pacing
- enable students to work together as a group or work independently
- encourage students to create new things and solve challenges
- experience learning by doing through hands-on experimentation
- inspire meaningful, relevant novelty and design
- create a love of science, technology, engineering, art, and math
The Williams Elementary STEAM Specialty Program serves students Pre-K to 5th Grade. Students create, build, problem solve, and explore. They study the elements of art and work with technology such as coding with OSMO on iPads, building circuits with Makey Makey, and robotics. With each learning experience, students produce evidence of learning. The STEAM program allows students to discover how each of these areas are interconnected. Our 3D printers and scanners add an enhanced use of technology for students and prepare the way for continuation in the Coronado High School Feeder Schools STEM Program. We appreciate Lubbock ISD for their support of our programs which are benefiting our students every day!