Lubbock ISD Police and Safety Services strives to uphold the oath to serve and protect the school district, as well as the Lubbock community. Lubbock ISD Police and Safety is comprised of the Chief of Police, Lieutenant and nine officers who serve 32 Elementaries, 10 Middle Schools, 4 High Schools and several other campuses and locations. Officers work behind-the-scenes to keep schools safe while taking any opportunity to train, teach and assist Lubbock ISD faculty, staff and students in safety procedures. Likewise, all officers partake in additional trainings to be fully equipped when serving the needs of the school district.
- To ensure a safe and secure environment for teaching and learning.
- Every student will achieve their full academic potential
- Every person has a right to a safe school
- Children and adults, students and non-students, may have insight into the recognition and resolution of problems
- Every officer has complete authority and responsibility for the safety of their schools within the confines of the budget, law, ethics and policy