ECI assures that families with young children with developmental delays have the resources and support they need to reach their goals.
ECI DEBT Program Office Information
Address:1628 19th Street Room 221 East Building Lubbock, TX 79401
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Key Principles for Providing Early Intervention Services in Natural Environments
1. Infants and toddlers learn best through everyday experiences and interactions with familiar people in familiar contexts.
2. All families with the necessary supports and resources can enhance their children's learning and development.
3. The primary role of a service provider in early intervention is to work with and support family members and caregivers in children's lives.
4. The early intervention process, from initial contacts through transition, must be dynamic and individualized to reflect the child's and family member's preferences, learning styles, and cultural beliefs.
5. Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) outcomes must be functional and based on children's and families' needs and family identified priorities.
6. The family's priorities, needs, and interests are addressed most appropriately by a primary provider who represents and receives team and community support.
7. Interventions with young children and family members must be based on explicit principles, validated practices, best available research, and relevant laws and regulations.