The dismissal time for all Lubbock ISD high schools is being extended by 15 minutes for the 2021-2022 school year.
Why is Lubbock ISD making this change?
- The extended time accommodates the addition of a short homeroom advisory period to meet the requirements of House Bill (HB) 4545, an education bill passed during the 2021-2022 Texas legislative session.
- HB 4545 includes legislative requirements for accelerated instruction in small groups for students who did not perform satisfactorily on the STAAR and End of Course (EOC) assessments.
What does this mean for my child?
- All students will be assigned to a homeroom advisory teacher who will provide tutoring or accelerated instruction based on individual need.
- The homeroom advisory period will fall between second and third periods to provide students time to study, finish homework, collaborate with peers, and receive additional help or other academic and social/emotional learning support.
- The adjusted schedule will not impact students who attend classes at the Byron Martin Advanced Technology Center.