Hutchinson Middle School, International Baccalaureate® (IB) World School
Hutchinson Middle School is an International Baccalaureate® (IB) World School
International Baccalaureate® (IB) programme models highlight important shared features of an IB education.
- Developing the attributes of the learner profile
- Approaches to teaching and approaches to learning
- Age-appropriate culminating experiences
- An organized and aligned structure of subject groups or disciplines
- Development of international-mindedness as a primary aim and context for learning
One of the core components of IB programs encourage students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level. All 8th graders will be involved in Community Project. The community project focuses on community and service, encouraging students to explore their right and responsibility to implement service as action in the community.
Contact the IB Coordinator - Toby Klameth
(Information from these pages are from MYP: From Principles into Practice )