Smylie Wilson is home to an amazing set of programs, focused on STEM and Project Based Learning. Students can take courses in,
- Computer Science, where they learn to create all sorts of projects, learn to write Code, and explore digital learning.
- Animation and Computer Multimedia, where students learn Photoshop as well as animation software to create all sorts of projects that meld art and computer science
- Engineering, where hands on learning is combined with topics such as rocketry, robotics, rollercoasters, and much more. Students in this class compete in all sorts of competitions and travel all over the state. This class is very highly Awarded, earning the top honors for Lubbock ISD for thier program.
- Culinary Arts, where students get to craft some amazing food and tasty treats while learning about food safety and nutrition.
- Industrial Technology, provides a chance to learn drafting, construction and woodworking skills, as well as critical thinking. Studnets learn how to build and create various projects, using power tools and equipment.
All of our courses focus on student learning in a hands on approach, which gives students a chance to learn real world skills. We also have excellent programs for students in Fine Arts such as Choir, Orchestra, Band, Art, and Theater as well.