• HISTORY:

    The school was named after Walter G. Alderson, a member of the LISD Board of Trustees from 1934-1946. Mr. Alderson was associated with Galbraith Steel and Supply Co. and founded Alderson Cadillac.

    Designed by Atcheson, Atkinson & Cartwright Architects, the campus first opened as a junior high in 1961. In 2001, the school was converted to a third-through-sixth-grade campus, and then the school was a sixth-through eighth-grade or “middle school” from 2005-2011.

    Alderson was renovated with the 2010 Lubbock ISD Bond and was reopended as an elementary school in August, 2013.

    PRINCIPALS:

    1961-70 - Raymon Pack

    1970-79 - Walter Rinehart

    1979-81 - Carroll “Butch” Thomas

    1981-93 - Curtis Gipson

    1993-96 - Stan Chatman

    1996-98 - Carolyn Thompson

    1998-00 - Wendell Brown

    2000-01 - Al Griggs

    2001-03 - Dr. Ellen Desrosiers

    2003-05 - Denise Mattson

    2005-11 - George Love

    2011-13 - (closed for renovation)

    2013 - fall 2016 - Kevin Word