Our commitment includes Our One Pledge and Our One Goal:
Our One Pledge
We are committed to creating a school that knows no limits to the academic success and individual talents of each student.
Our One Goal
Every student, without exception and without excuse, will be proficient or advanced in reading, writing, and math.
- We commit to believing and seeing that every Alderson student will be proficient or advanced in reading, writing, and math.
- We maintain an intense, impatient obsession about the academic accomplishments of every student.
- We refuse to use the excuse, “Every student could be successful only if ….”
- We believe the school can neutralize many challenges children bring to the classroom.
- We commit to having a single-minded passion for achieving positive academic results for our students, and we make decisions accordingly. Student achievement is the number one topic of conversation.
- We commit to the proven Exceptional Systems:
- Culture of Universal Achievement
- Effective Collaboration
- Standards Alignment
- Data Management
- A maverick spirit is leading the way
- There are no excuses for poor effort
- We commit to using the language of hope.
- We treat students, parents, and staff members with courtesy and respect; we acknowledge challenges that exist, but we refuse to accept defeat.