Estacado Early College High School (EECHS) is a partnership between Lubbock Independent School District, Estacado High School and Texas Tech University. This partnership is one of the few in the nation that includes a Tier One university, and is the only one of its kind in the Big 12. Early College High School campuses give students the opportunity to begin earning college credit in their ninth-grade year and up to 60 hours by the time they graduate from high school, a value of up to $40,000.
Students are admitted through an application process, with additional requirements for those outside of the Estacado High School attendance zone. The Estacado Early College High School will only be offered to students within the Lubbock Independent School District.
Estacado Early College High School mission includes:
- Accelerated instruction in a school-within-a-school model
- Preparing students to start college coursework in their ninth-grade year with intensive coursework beginning their tenth-grade year
- The opportunity for students to graduate from high school with up to sixty (60) hours of their college education and tuition free
- An impressive faculty, experienced in college preparatory instruction
Click on the link- American Institutes for Research on the costs and benefits of early college high schools.
Please continue to check your Google Classrooms and check both your Lubbock ISD email as well as your TTU email for dual credit.
Field Trip Information
EECHS AMBASSADORS WILL MEET WITH TTU AMBASSADORS TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2021 AT TTU
EECHS SENIOR COLLEGE TOUR TO ANGELO STATE UNIVERSITY SET FOR NOVEMBER 2, 2021 DEPARTURE 6:45 A.M.
EECHS UNDERCLASSMEN (9TH 10TH AND 11TH GRADERS) FIELD TRIPS TBA
Texas Success Initiative Information
- ALL TSI-A 2.0 TEST DATES TBA. LISTEN FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS DURING AVID FOR TESTING DATES AND TIMES.
EECHS TSI AGGREGRATE DATA AS OF 6-17-20
- READING PASSING RATE FOR ALL 3 COHORTS 75%
- WRITING PASSING RATE FOR ALL 3 COHORTS 95%
- MATH PASSING RATE FOR ALL 3 COHORTS 46%
EECHS STUDY SKILLS CURRICULUM
EECHS students are engaged and active in the AVID classes at Estacado! All early college students are required to be enrolled in AVID to support their efforts in the dual credit course work. Click AVID to get more information.
The EECHS Ambassador program markets through student voice and choice, their decision to join the early college high school program at Estacado High School to other students inside and outside of the school environment. The Ambassadors provide candid feedback to the campus administrators, as well as visitors to the campus. They provide service and leadership. They may also share information for high school, college, and career preparation journey. Ambassadors are chosen through application process. Contact Mrs. Rodriguez or one of the success coaches for more information.