Launching in 2019 - 2020, Lubbock ISD’s Accelerating Campus Excellence (ACE) program is a new approach to education, which focuses on strategic staffing and student support.
ACE first identifies specific staff members who will best fit the individual needs of students at participating campuses. It then ensures every student is supported academically, socially and emotionally in order to reach his or her greatest potential.
Our ACE campus is Dunbar College Preparatory Academy - Gabe Gillespie, Principal
ACE not only inspires innovation, academic excellence, citizenship, and college and career readiness, it also helps eliminate previous opportunity gaps.
Each ACE school offers:
- Extended school hours
- Enrichment activities after school
- Social and emotional learning and development
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A culture of high expectations
- Financial incentives to attract and retain highly effective staff
- Specialized training and extra professional development
Students and staff at an ACE school will benefit from:
- Extra academic support - teachers will provide additional instruction, with a focus on subjects such as English and mathematics
- Time to complete homework at school
- Resources for character and leadership development
- Opportunity to co-build a dynamic and transformative learning environment alongside talented peers
What inspired the ACE program?
The Lubbock Inedependent School District ACE program is an adaptation from Dallas ISD. Since the program’s implementation there in 2015, ACE schools have experienced increased academic performance in core content areas, improved attendance, and a stronger parent-school connection.
Fort Worth, Richardson and Garland Independent School Districts have also implemented the ACE program.
How are ACE schools chosen?
Committed to ensuring that every student receives a high-quality education, Lubbock ISD recognizes that each individual campus has a unique set of needs. The ACE program is proven to benefit a variety of campuses, including ones that:
- Multiple Improvement Required ratings from the Texas Education Agency
- Show academic achievement gaps when compared to other campuses with comparative income levels and ethnicities
- Report a higher number of discipline incidents
What does strategic staffing mean?
ACE principals hand-pick every position on their campuses to guarantee the best fit. In preparation for Lubbock ISD’s launch at Dunbar Preparatory Academy in 2019 - 2020, all professional and paraprofessional positions will be reopened.