The transfer window for the 2022-2023 school year is now closed.
The transfer window for the 2023-2024 school year opens December 12, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. and will temporarily close on December 21, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. The transfer window will reopen on January 5, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. and closes February 3, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Requesting a transfer during the school year:
Transfers during the school year are normally approved only in the case of hardship or other extenuating circumstances. Hardship and extenuating circumstance transfer requests are considered on a case-by-case basis throughout the school year. These requests should be submitted to the Lubbock ISD office of Student and School Support.
Requesting a transfer for the 2023-2024 school year:
- ELEMENTARY FIFTH GRADE STUDENTS who are currently on a transfer and wish to continue in the feeder pattern for middle school DO NOT need to submit a new transfer.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS who are currently on a transfer and wish to continue in the feeder pattern for high school DO NOT need to submit a new transfer.
- 2021-2022 Feeder Pattern Map 2022-2023 Feeder Pattern Map
All students in Lubbock ISD are assured admission to the schools in the attendance area in which they reside. Students may apply online for a transfer from one school to another within Lubbock ISD. This is referred to as an intradistrict transfer (in-district). A non-resident student living outside the Lubbock ISD boundaries that desires to attend school in the district may apply online for a transfer to a school found on the “open to transfer” list during the transfer application window. This type of transfer is referred to as an interdistrict transfer (out of district). After reviewing enrollment projections and the capacity of our campuses (physical space and staffing), a list of schools open to this type of transfer is established. All transfer applications will be approved and or denied due to existing criteria established by the Lubbock Independent School District.
Pre-K: Pre-K transfer applications will begin on April 6, 2023. For more information, contact the Early Childhood department at (806) 219-0340.
Deadline: Online transfer applications are due February 3, 2023, by 4:30 p.m. for the 2023-2024 school year.
Transportation: It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to provide transportation for the student for which a transfer into Lubbock ISD has been granted.
For more information about interdistrict transfers, refer to Board Policy FDA (LOCAL), or contact the Lubbock ISD district office of Student Support.
- Technical Support - (806) 219-0190
- Assistance logging in or any issues within online transfer application
- Magnet/Specialty Information - (806) 219-0031
- Questions regarding information about Magnet/Specialty Transfers
- Regular Transfers - (806) 219-0031
- Questions regarding information about Open Campus ("regular") Transfers
- Pre-K Information - (806) 219-0340
- Questions regarding information about Pre-K Transfers
- Bilingual and ESL - (806) 219-0465
- Questions regarding Dual Language/ESL Transfers.
- Early Childhood - (806) 219-0340
- Questions regarding PreK and Head Start Enrollment Transfers.
- Student Support - (806) 219-0031 and (806) 219-0033
- Questions regarding Specialty Programs Transfers.
- Questions regarding Spanish Immersion Program Transfers (Ramirez Elementary).
- Questions regarding Magnet School Transfers (Talkington SYWL and William McCool Academy).
- Questions regarding Early College High School Program Transfers (Estacado High School).