The transfer request window is closed for all campuses except for transfer requests by families wishing their students to attend the Commander William C. McCool Academy. Families may use the button to the right to change transfer to the Commander William C. McCool Academy.
- Transfers are closed for incoming sixth-grade students for McCool Academy.
- Transfers are open for incoming seventh-grade students. Seventh-grade transfer applicants will be informed of an approval or denial to McCool Academy the week of August 3, 2020.
Requesting a transfer during the school year:
Transfers during the school year are normally approved only in the case of hardship or other extenuating circumstances. Hardship and extenuating circumstance transfer requests are considered on a case-by-case basis throughout the school year. These requests should be submitted to the Lubbock ISD office of Student and School Support.
Requesting a transfer for the next school year:
NEW FOR 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
- ELEMENTARY FIFTH GRADE STUDENTS who are currently on a transfer and wish to continue in the feeder pattern for middle school DO NOT need to submit a new transfer.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS who are currently on a transfer and wish to continue in the feeder pattern for high school DO NOT need to submit a new transfer.
- Feeder Pattern Map
The transfer window for the 2020-2021 school year will open January 8, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. and will close January 24, 2020, at 5 p.m.
All students in Lubbock ISD are assured admission to the schools in the attendance area in which they reside. Students may apply for a transfer from one school to another within Lubbock ISD. This is referred to as an intradistrict transfer (in-district). A non-resident student living outside the Lubbock ISD boundaries that desires to attend school in the district can apply online for a transfer to a school found on the “open to transfer” list during the transfer application window. This type of transfer is referred to as an interdistrict transfer (out of district). After reviewing enrollment projections and the capacity of our campuses (physical space and staffing), a list of schools open to this type of transfer is established. All transfer applications will be approved and or denied due to existing criteria established by the Lubbock Independent School District.
If the student's transfer application is approved the student is not required to submit a new application each year while at that school. It is important to note that at the conclusion of the school year a transfer may be nonrenewed for one of the reasons addressed in the transfer agreement. Students completing elementary school shall automatically be eligible (i.e., without applying for a transfer) to attend the middle school assigned to the feeder system applicable to the elementary school at which he or she completes grade 5, regardless of transfer status or attendance area of residence, so long as the students transfer has not been non-renewed. Students on a transfer to one of the LISD middle schools will receive an approved transfer to the feeder high school connected to that middle school for the student's 9th-grade year so long as the student's transfer has not been nonrenewed.
Pre-K: Pre-K transfer applications will begin on April 2, 2020. For more information contact the Early Childhood department at (806) 219-0340.
Deadline: Online transfer applications are due January 24, 2020 by 5:00 pm for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
Transportation: It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to provide transportation for the student for which a transfer into Lubbock ISD has been granted.
For more information about interdistrict transfers, refer to Board Policy FDA (LOCAL), or contact the Lubbock ISD district office of Student and School Support.
- Technical Support - (806) 219-0190
- Assistance logging in or any issues within online transfer application
- Magnet/Specialty Information - (806) 219-0030
- Questions regarding information about Magnet/Specialty Transfers
- Regular Transfers - (806) 219-0030
- Questions regarding information about Open Campus ("regular") Transfers
- Pre-K Information - (806) 219-0340
- Questions regarding information about Pre-K Transfers